.

.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Aug, one hell of a month.




I suck at blogging. Let's just get that out of the way.

This month has been incredible, exciting, thrilling, overwhelming, touching, life changing, frustrating, surprising, and utterly emotional for me. I'm attributing my extreme swings to the amazing response that Present Perfect has recieved. Although it could be perimenopause, but let's go with the response to the book.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think my book would touch so many people and elicit such passion and strong feelings (good and bad) from the readers. Honestly, I was hoping to sell at least 250 books to make back my money and a little extra.  I know I sound like a broken record, but  THANK YOU! I will never be able to say it enough. If I could hug you all I would. (Well, not the creepy guys who want to be my Facebook friend, but the rest of you for sure.)

In one month my goals have not only been met they have been hit right out of the park. Book sales  have been mind boggling as well as the reviews. Present Perfect has been consistantly one of the top rated books in New Adult on Amazon since its release. Its been voted as one of the top summer reads this year and it released late in the summer. The notes I've recieved from people have been one of my most favorite and touching things about the book coming out. Present Perfect brought me back to something I used to love to do, writing. I now have a literary agent (Amy Tannenbaum of the Jane Rotrosen Agency) and new career. I don't know what the future holds for Tweet and Noah, but I know it will be exciting.

Just to update you guys... I've completed edits on Present Perfect that Amy suggested. Basically tightening up the beginning of the story and adding a few new things including a new Dalton scene.  I'm currently working on Past Imperfect, Brad's story. I don't have a release date as of yet. It's been stop and start with Brad a good bit with my attention being on getting Present Perfect re-edited. Brad's book has a different feel to it for me than PP. It's a little darker than I thought it would be, at least it is so far. :) After Brad, I'm toying with a book from Noah's POV and possibly a Dalton novella.

Appearances-I'm scheduled to be at the Sweet as a Peach signing in Cummings, Ga. April 5, 2014 and the Sothern Girl Author Event in Greenvile, NC on July 19, 2014. Hopefully, I will be able to take part in a few more during 2014.

So, there you have it...my tentative plans for the future. Again, thank you for one of the best rides of my life. I will never forget it and will always be appreciative.

Present Perfect-Official Book Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2oZh_9MCxk

1 comment:

  1. Noah's POV PLEASE!!! I would even like a book on Emily so we could inadvertently ger more Noah,Tweet,and Halle!!

    ReplyDelete