Monday, December 30, 2013
Things that made 2013 memorable, in no particular order.
1. All the emails, texts, messages, and posts that I received congratulating me on Present Perfect.
2. When I was told by another author that my book was the talk at the Naughty Mafia event in Vegas.
3. The passion, kindness, humor, and thoughtfulness of my readers.
4. Readers telling me they loved Tweet, they hated Tweet, they wanted to strangle Tweet, but they cried for Tweet.
5. All the Noah love.
6. My mom loving the book.
7. The incredible community of bloggers who supported me.
8. The amazing group of beta readers I have.
9. I got a fantastic agent in Amy Tannenbaum.
10. Moms telling me that their high school or college age daughters also read the book. Thanking me for giving them something to bond over.
11. My 18-year-old niece loving the book.
12. The mother who wrote me, telling me her son had gone through the same thing as Tweet, is happy and in college now.
13. The nursing student who asked my advice on working with patients.
14. My name being in the same sentence as Colleen Hoover,
15. The generosity of readers and bloggers, including Present Perfect on their best of/fav of 2013 lists.
16. Jax Teller and SoA (The list wouldn't be complete without him.)
17. Present Perfect broke into Amazon's top 100.
18. My incredible new contact lenses that not only improved my vision, but my quality of life.
19. Starting my second book.
20. All the lessons that I've learned, personally and career wise.
Thank you everyone for making this year one of the best of my life. Cheers 2013! It was a helluva ride!
I wish health and happiness to you and your family in 2014.